The site search facility can be found in the top right hand corner of all web pages on this site. To perform a search, enter one or more words in the search box and select ‘Search’. If you perform a simple search from a sub site i.e. the Office of Community Housing, the Centre for Affordable Housing or Resitech sites then only that sub site will be searched. As the search tool is insensitive to case, there is no need to use capital letters. Using words such as "a", "an", "the" or "of" will not improve the results of the search. Avoid common words such as "housing" or "public". Any documents containing all your words will be displayed first, followed by documents that contain some of your words.
The advanced search includes an option to search all of the Department of Housing site, or to filter content by the sub sites (the Office of Community Housing, the Centre for Affordable Housing and Resitech), or the Department's policies and factsheets.
With Advanced Search, you can search only for pages:
- that contain ALL the search terms you type in
- that contain the exact phrase you type in
- that contain at least one of the words you type in
- that do NOT contain any of the words you type in
- created in a certain file format
You can chose the format that your search results are displayed in the Search Preferences section of the Advanced Search. Preferences available are:
- View in same window or new window - If you want your search results to open a new browser window when you select them then select the new window option.
- Results per page - select from 10, 20 or 30 results per page.
- Sort by - select from relevance, title or format. Format will order the results by the type of file found in the search.
If you chose to "Save Preferences" you must have "cookies" enabled. Your preferences will be kept for all searches made on that computer.
Top of page