A key purpose of the National Regulatory System for community housing is to enhance investor and partner confidence in the sector.
Frequently asked questions
The FAQs below present questions and answers about the proposed National Regulatory System for Community Housing. They will be updated as issues are raised.
1. Why has a national regulatory system been created for
community housing providers?
2. Who is covered by the NRSCH?
3. Who is participating in the NRSCH?
4. Does national registration entitle a housing provider to
5. What does national regulation mean for housing providers
operating across multiple jurisdictions?
6. What does national regulation mean for small housing
providers that operate in a single jurisdiction?
7. What does national regulation offer new entrants?
8. When will the national system start?
9. What does national registration mean for existing arrangements in states and territories?
10. How will the NRSCH be governed?
11. How do providers apply for registration?
12. How can providers prepare for registration?
13. What are the Tiers Guidelines?
14. What are the Evidence Guidelines?
15. How will Registrars enforce the National Regulatory Code?
16. What happens if I breach the National Regulatory Code?
17. How will the system work with other systems?
18. How will the system support industry development?
19. Where can I get more information?
Top of page